Prednisolone (Omnacortil 40)is a corticosteroid medication used to treat a wide range of health problems, including allergic disorders, skin conditions, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease and arthritis. It works by decreasing inflammation in the body. Prednisolone can also be used to replace natural hormones when the body’s production of these hormones is inadequate or reduced. Common side effects of this drug include upset stomach, nausea, headache, dizziness and sleepiness.
1. Always take Omnacortil 40 exactly as your doctor has prescribed it. Do not take more or less of it, or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
2. Take Omnacortil 40 with a full glass of water.
3. If you are taking 40mg of Omnacortil on a regular basis, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
4. Do not stop taking Prednisolone suddenly without talking to your doctor first, even if you are feeling better.
5. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
6. You should not receive live vaccinations while taking this medicine; ask your doctor about other types of vaccines instead.